Monday, February 13, 2012

Paleo Chocolate Bombs

Paleo Chocolate Bombs
Printable Recipe



In the search for a paleo dessert for Valentine's Day, I discovered how easy it is to make a healthy dessert. Ayden says this dessert tastes just like brownie batter and is amazing; it really is amazing! I never, ever, ever, everrrrrrr thought that I'd be able to make a dessert without adding sugar, but I did! Say hello to my chocolate bombs!

Happy Valentine's Day all you paleo friends of mine. Give this a try! I'm sure it'll be a staple in your desserts from now on.


P.s. YOU CAN'T SAY "BOMB" ON AN AIRPLANE!

Ingredients:
8-10 dates (or any dried fruit, no sugar added), depending on how sweet you like desserts
1/2 cup nut butter, I used almond butter
1 handful nuts, I used cashews the first time and pecans the second time. Both ways are great. Gives it a nice crunch.
1Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder. Start with this amount and add more if you want a more intense flavor.
1 tiny pinch of salt. Omit salt if your nuts already have salt on them.
1/4tsp pure vanilla extract


Put everything into a food processor and pulse. I like the dates to be chewy still so I pulse it enough to still see a few chunky pieces. You do it however you like, though. This dessert is all yours!


Once your mixture looks like this, roll into small bombs (balls). I eye-balled it but you could do 1tsp or 1Tbsp sized bombs. If you want to roll it in more chopped nuts or coconut flakes, go for it. Want to add some mini chocolate chips, do it now!

Move to the fridge and let them set up. You can freeze these as long as your freezer bag holds up. I like it cold so I eat it right out of the fridge.

Earlier I said there was no added sugar, which is correct; however, the dates provide enough sugar to make it sweet enough. You can add apricots, raisins, cherries.. whatever dried fruit you have on hand would be fine to use. Just add a handful or so and you're golden!



So, Happy Valentine's Day to you all and start making the right decisions about your food. Desserts can be completely healthy if you just use your brain a little bit. I can honestly say I do not feel fat and bloated after I eat a few of these. I do want to eat the entire tray of bombs, but I must stay strong and have willpower! I can't wait to share these with my sister and mom!

Eat and Enjoy!

1 comment: