Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Healthy Living

Healthy Living

At the beginning of the year, I decided I was going to work out nearly every day to get the 'baby chub' off my booty and mid-section. I worked out hard with Jillian Michaels (love her "30 Day Shred" video!) and I also did some Brazilian Booty DVD which made me laugh but it worked.

We moved back home to Florida after living in North Carolina for 3 years. We've been home since June and I have been loving every minute of it. My husband and I go to Crossfit Five Flags (click here for the website). We love everything our trainer has to offer us. It's not only about being fit physically, but it's about getting your mind right and eating healthy. It's changed my life. I couldn't be happier with the knowledge I have about working out and eating right. Even though my blog isn't geared towards clean eating, maybe I should make a new blog, I like to incorporate some of my knowledge with you!

In about 3 weeks, I'm going to embark on a new experience. I'll consume only meat, eggs, and veggies/fruit. Nothing processed. No grains, no beans, no sugar of any sort.. Check out Whole Life to see what I'm going to be doing.

Anyway, I'll post more about it when I get there but for now, I've been experimenting with different foods since I can't eat sugar (it's only 30 days.. how bad can that be?) Substituting unsweetened coconut milk in my coffee is one step and I actually like it!

I'm hoping I can get off dairy completely and never look back. I believe I have acne and excema because of it so we'll see how this 30-day experiment goes. I'll be posting and keeping you up to date on my progress.

Have you been working out in 2011? Are you going to start in 2012? What's your New Year's goals?


3 comments:

  1. yep! i began the year only able to lift one pound of weight due to my shoulder injury. and now, i can lift 85# overhead!! i am so thankful for the gift of a second chance at health & look forward to the food challenge. i've never WANTED to do a challenge like this until now. very excited. :) and very proud of you, sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3 Researches REVEAL How Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you literally burn fat by eating coconut fat (in addition to coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from major medical journals are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete