Thursday, November 24, 2011

Good Morning, Chocolate-Chocolate Chip Pancakes!

Good Morning, Chocolate-Chocolate Chip Pancakes!

My boys love chocolate chip pancakes. I make them almost every morning because it's so simple to make and since I don't have to rush off to work, I have time to make them. My kids are really great and they deserve something special in the mornings.

Today, I added some cocoa powder to make them extra special this Thanksgiving Day morning. Here's what I did!



Ingredients:
Pancake mix
1Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder

Directions:
Follow your instructions on your pancake box and add 1Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder. I added a little bit more water to the mix so that it wouldn't be too thick.



Cook your pancakes, or waffles, like you normally would. I added chocolate chips to the tops of mine when I placed them on the griddle. If you'd like, you can add them to your batter before scooping onto your griddle or pan.



I think I had my first chocolate chip pancake at my step-sister's house in 2004 after Hurricane Ivan ripped through our city. With 3 kids between my sister and myself and 7 days of no power and cold showers, we decided to take a road trip to Stephanie's house in GA where they had power and no hurricanes! Thanks for introducing chocolate chip pancakes to me, Steph. Ayden's tummy thanks you!



Cook your pancakes all the way through and add some butter and powdered sugar. It only makes it taste that much better!



My main pancake eater, Ayden, was my hand model today. Say hello to Ayden's hand, everyone :) He thoroughly enjoyed these and so did my other little guy.

These are so easy to make and the cocoa powder just gives it a little something extra. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day. Find something to be thankful for and dwell on that all day!


Eat and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment