Friday, November 11, 2011

Cinnamon and Sugar Muffins

Cinnamon and Sugar Muffins

I found a very easy muffin recipe whilst browsing pinterest.com. It is an awesome website and now I believe I'm addicted to it. Of course, I made my own version of these muffins since I don't enjoy overly sweet desserts anymore thanks to zone eating and Crossfit! Here's the original recipe and I'll have my notes at the bottom of what I changed.



Ingredients:
1/3 c. butter, melted
1/2 c. sugar*
1 egg (preferably room temperature)
1 1/2 c. all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. nutmeg**
1/2 c. milk

Topping:

1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. butter, melted
1 tsp. cinnamon


Preheat oven to 350F.

In a medium bowl, stir together all dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients and stir until combined. It’ll be a little bit lumpy and that’s okay. Using a large ice cream scoop, scoop batter into muffin tins that have been sprayed. I got 6 large muffins out of this batter. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until they just start to turn a bit golden at the edges.


If you'd like to bake them without the extra step of dipping them in butter then sugar/cinnamon mixture after they bake, sprinkle the tops of the muffins with the mixture minus the butter and bake accordingly. They'll turn out just as good.

*I used a little bit over 1/4cup sugar instead of the entire 1/2cup
**I used a little bit of cinnamon instead of nutmeg (I hate nutmeg).


ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment