Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Healthy Berry Shake

I love a good berry shake. I wanted one today from a shake store but they didn't open until 11:00am. WHAT!? So, I saved myself probably $4-$5 from them not being open.. thank you :) I went to the store and picked up a small bag of frozen mixed berries and a container of plain vanilla yogurt. I spent maybe $6.00 on that and will be able to make at least 6 shakes. I'd say that was a money-saving idea!



Here's what you'll need to do:
Take about 1/2 cup of frozen berries and pour into your blender. Add about 1 cup of plain vanilla yogurt (or frozen yogurt if you want to splurge a little!). Also add about 1/4 to 1/2 cup of milk and about 2tbsp of honey. Blend away! If you want to add sugar, you're more than welcome to but the honey gives it a natural sweetness that sugar just doesn't compete with. Plus, it's also MUCH healthier than adding sugar. I added a touch of vanilla as well.

If you didn't want to add milk, you could add orange juice! MMM!!

Any type of berries are good - especially if they are frozen so you don't have to add ice. If your berries aren't frozen, go ahead and add a few ice cubes.

If you have fruit that is ripe but won't be eaten, cut it up and freeze it. That way, you have it for any side dishes or yummy shakes!

One more note, if you are a work-out person and want to add something extra, add your Whey Protein here. This would be an awesome combination with the whey protein, fruit and vitamin D (milk/yogurt).

These are easy and delicious to make! Guilt Free!


3 comments:

  1. Hey, I use this same recipe minus the honey. Will have to try it with! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks yum!
    my go-to shake is: frozen blueberries, one banana, some o.j. & add spirulina powder then blend. all fruit/green smoothie w tons of vitamins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bevan, these are so good WITH the honey. YUMMM!! I think I will have to make another one today!!!

    Sis, that sounds good too! You know my dislike for blueberries, but if it's mixed with another fruit I like it. I'll try that one of these days. Strawberry/banana though sounds good too. CRAP! I'm hungry! :)

    ReplyDelete