Monday, January 10, 2011

Outrageous Cookie Bars

My idea for Christmas goods this past year was to do something that could be consumed. Well, time got away from me but my sister-in-law must've read my mind. In fact, I was going to make this gift and give it to others. What can I say except great minds think alike!

Ingredients:
1/2cup (1 stick) unsalted butter melted
1.5cups graham cracker crumbs
1can (14oz) sweetened condensed milk
2cups (12oz) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1cup flaked coconut
1cup chopped walnuts

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350degrees. Melt butter and add to graham cracker crumbs and combine. Add crumb mixture to a 13x9 baking dish and press firmly to the bottom. Next, add all other ingredients to the top of that. On top of that layer, add the can of sweetened condensed milk. Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars and serve.

Now, in my picture below, Tammy added butterscotch morsels but I'm not a fan of them so I left them out for another recipe.
My husband hates nuts in anything and he hates coconut so I made him a tiny spot with just the graham cracker crumbs, chocolate chips and milk. I think he'll like it that way.

Let me know what you think!

Enjoy!


This is a great gift-giving idea, no matter the occasion!

No comments:

Post a Comment